Friday, April 24, 2009

I AGREE

I have to agree with the author on this one. Yes we should pull out of Iraq. Granted thats what our Government has been saying they're going to do for...oh?, four years now. I wasn't part of the actual invasion into Iraq, I was part of the second and fourth deployments to that country. However I do remember seeing the cheers from the Iraqis as we pulled that statue of Saddam Hussien down, just like the rest of the World did. We were held as liberators of freedom, we gave the people of Iraq something they had never had before. Unfortunately that is where we went wrong. I remember talking to an Iraqi man during my first deployment, he told me how the people were over-joyed by the outsting of this tyrant, but sorta like a sheltered child that goes off to college, they went wild. He told me how people felt they could do what they want, steal, murder, rape...it didn't matter because they were free. Out of this choas that ensued, an insurgency took hold. Bottome line we should have known what the consequence would be, when you free a people that have been oppressed for decades. So yes we should get out, will we anytime soon? That I wish I could answer. I also agree with Jerome, if the country of Iraq does become a stable government they better remember who helped them get there. Of course like I keep saying, people only remember the bad you do, not the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment