Thursday, February 12, 2009

To all the Ron Paul Supporters Out There....

After doing the assigned stage two blog assignment and reading my classmate's profiles, I have to admit; it was a little frustrating. I'm not out to change anyone's voting habits, I just want to state my opinion. To all the people who said: I'm a Ron Paul supporter BUT he had no chance at winning, or he wasn't even on the ballot; this blog is especially for you. If you regularly go to Ron Paul's website http://www.campaignforliberty.com/ and you've signed up for his weekly e-mails then you would know that he publiclly endorsed Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party for President.
I can remember the elections of President George Bush Sr. and Bill Clinton, and I always wondered why people even voted for those smaller...insignificant parties. Only now have I realized why they are so small and insignificant. The lesser of two evils reasoning, the idea that I like this party's politics and I understand where this candidate is coming from, but the bottom line is that he or she just doesn't have a chance in hell at even getting the table scraps of the Republican and Democrat Parties, so I want my vote to count, so I'm voting for this guy. Well I'm here to say that I'll let you vote for "that guy" but my vote is still going to the person who could do the best for our country. It doesn't matter if the candidate gets 1 vote or 1 million votes.
In closing I hope I have not offended anyone in this class. The beauty of this country is that we all have our opinions. I am eager and confident that President Barrack Obama will do the best he can for this country. Perhaps America is not ready for the politics of Ron Paul, I'd like to think that we took a step in the right direction with the man we have in office today, though. So as John Wayne put it once, and Keith Olberman re-stated: I didn't vote for him, but hes my President and I hope he does a good job.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/articleview/4619

    WE WON! Walmart is going to take the displays using RFID consumer tracking products out of the store. They are done researching us. Champions products and Schick Shavers Shelves had cameras in them that CEOs in New York could watch consumers shopping in stores without permission. This article doesn't state if Walmart is going to completely compliant or they may be just throwing the public a bone because Proctor and Gamble ceased the use of the devices. I need more time to research it but is a step in the right direction for a simple right to privacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron Paul has great ideas for balancing the economy. If Obama was truely bi-partisan I think he would take some lessons from Ron Paul.
    When I joined the 'revolution' I did not join it because of the man but because of his determination in voicing his opinions. Too me the revolution has to be bi-partisan for it to keep working. Because there are good and bad on both sides. But I still believe that the truth will ultimately shine by people using their voices and written word to hold our government representatives accountable and also to preserve our liberties involving free speech. I did not vote straight ticket. I also did not vote using a paper ballot which I think needs to be reinforced. But I still voted. And I bet Ron Paul did too. :D

    ReplyDelete